March 28, 2017

Reading Notes: American Indian Fairy Tales Part A

As soon as I started reading The Child of Evening Star, it seemed right up my alley. The description of the sisters and their suitors was all so enchanting, especially the part about their raven hair.


Before I'd even made it to the part about Oweenee, I'd had the idea of having one sister unmarried. It's such a fun, simple concept to work with.

Being me of course, I want to turn the whole family into a warrior family and have the daughters be fighters instead of just beauties, but I'm not sure whether or not I'll go with that.

Another easy thing to do would be to have Oweenee rejecting all of the men because she wasn't attracted to them. But then one day a woman comes along to woo her instead, and she's smitten.

Even just pairing Oweenee up with Osseo deserved more than the short lines it received. I'd be more than happy to just expound on them meeting and falling in love.

I loved the concept of him being the prince of the Evening Star, and I loved how they interacted with each other.

This was definitely my favorite section of the collection and will probably be what I write on.


Bibliography: "American Indian Fairy Tales" published by Henry Schoolcraft

Image Information: "Rise and Shine" by Sodanie Chea. No changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment