April 19, 2017

Reading Notes: Italian Popular Tales Part B

I wasn't sure what to expect from Part B, but overall, I didn't enjoy it as much as the first section.



For the first story, I really liked the concept of the main character speaking the language of the birds, dogs, and frogs. It is a fun and unique skill set which could be fun to play around with. For a moment, I imagined the treasurer and the main character falling in love too, so I'd be more than happy to write that story as well as my stereotypical warrior heroine retelling.

And while I didn't like the incest in the Crivoliu story, I like the concept of the child doing penance for the parents. In a way, it reminded me of Devil May Cry, in which the twins are the product of a demon and angel. While it would be fun to play with this concept, I think it would just turn into DmC fanfiction.

I couldn't believe that the Sexton was just going to throw the girl into the ocean for no good reason. I wish he would have had a more severe punishment, but I don't think I'm the one to exact this.

The Italian Cat and Mouse story seemed kind of strange and pointless, but then again, I've never liked chain stories like that.

While I read the rest, I ultimately decided to do one of my three ideas from the first half of the reading.


Bibliography: "Italian Popular Tales" Thomas Crane

Image Information: Personal photo taken by my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment