April 26, 2017

Reading Notes: Russian Folktales Part B

The first story in this section was The Witch. There were a lot of different points in it that I thought could be adapted. First, there was the concept of Death just walking around the town. Although it is a more Jenna idea than me idea, it could still be fun to do. I also found it very interesting that it ended up being a hoax. That alone could be an interesting concept to play with, but I also liked the idea of this fake witch going around curing or poisoning people.



I also liked the enchantress princess in the second story, but I'd much rather have it be about her being awesome. If I was better at writing comedic things, I'd write a story where everyone is convinced she is an an enchantress. Then the princess would go around denying it repeatedly. However I realized that I could almost combine this idea with my idea from yesterday. I could have a poor girl save the cat, the cat grow up to be her guardian, she is revered, and then the king adopts her to rule the kingdom. If I had more word count, I'd have her meet and love the prince beforehand so that she asks for his hand in marriage. Maybe I can still do that however, but I'll have to be crafty.

I thought the other stories were interesting (I was really looking forward to the vampire more), but I am really set on my big cat protector princess story now. 

Until then!


Bibliography: "Russian Folktales" by W. R. S. Ralston

Image Information: "Corona Prusia" by FDV

No comments:

Post a Comment