April 5, 2017

Reading Notes: Faerie Queen - Britomart Part B

Part B started off a little odd.

I was a bit confused as to the parade of emotions as people that traipsed through the castle. However, I thought this was an interesting concept and could be easily played with. It reminded me a little bit of Inside Out and one of Jenna's stories.

I did think the concept of the enchanter doing blood magic during the second night in the castle was intriguing because I always find blood magic interesting. As much as I'd be more than happy to write about it, I want to focus more on Britomart, and I don't want to give her blood magic powers. I think her character would lose something if she had them.

I couldn't believe Glaucé and Sir Scudamour left after only a night and a half of waiting and then Scudamour didn't believe that his wife was faithful, even though he had trusted her for seven months.

To be honest, I started getting a bit confused and lost tract of the characters shortly after Britomart left the Enchanted Castle. With the tournament being rightly glossed over for being so long, this confusion only further deepened. However just the name "Braggadocio" was wonderful. Especially due to the confusion, I was shocked when I found out that the Savage Knight was the guy Britomart has been looking for this whole time.

I was so very happy that Britomart ended up with Sir Artegall, and I now 100% want to find out what happened to Lady Amoret. I am definitely going to go on a hunt to see if I can find any more tales of Britomart because I love her fiercely.

As for what I shall write, I'm thinking it will be Britomart's tale, but when she looks in the magic mirror she asks something like "what man shall stand at my side?" and she sees Artegall.



But something about him feels wrong. She goes to find him, and it is easy. She cares for him as a friend, but nothing more. So she consults the mirror again and asks who she shall marry and sees Florinell instead. So she goes on a quest with Artegall to find Florinell.


Bibliography: "Faerie Queen - Britomart" by Mary Macleod.

Image Information: "Antique Edwardian Silver Hand Mirror" by Lamerie. Cropped slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment