April 4, 2017

Reading Notes: Faerie Queen - Britomart Part A

This week I read about Britomart, a princess and knight.



Even just reading the description, I was already in love with the idea. I thought it was so cool to have a lady knight.

In the first story, the author throws out that the two initial heroes capture the "wicked enchantress Acrasia," but I would have loved to see that battle! I'd love to write it from Acrasia's point of view since I tend toward female heroines and anti-heroes. The farther I got along into this story, the more I loved how awesome Britomart was. As a kid I always wanted to be a princess knight, and she was living the dream.

Even Florimell was beautiful and awesome, even though she was running away. I would totally write a story where Britomart saves her, and they both live happily ever after together.

I did however get a bit confused in the Castle Joyous section as to who was who until the author revealed Maeldata's name.

The next chapter was an awesome time. It felt so equal to me. I loved that Britomart went on her own quest to find her prince/knight and that neither of them are weak.

But the chapter after was kind of disappointing, I didn't like that Britomart moped around for months instead of going out and seeking her fate for herself.

I was sad that Britomart and her knight buddy parted ways because I was really hoping he decided to help her fulfill her quest (despite not knowing what it was entirely), however I was excited when she got a new one.

I was super excited to read the next section after the final chapter in Part A.

In whatever I do, I hope to do Britomart justice.


Bibliography: "Faerie Queen - Britomart" by Mary Macleod

Image Information: "Corona Prusia" by FDV

No comments:

Post a Comment