January 23, 2017

Reading Notes: Bible Women Part A

Out of the Part A readings, I really liked Rebekah's. Growing up in church, I always colored pictures of Rebekah and Esther. I've seen so many different interpretations of Rebekah, and it would be interesting to think up my own. I read too many romance novels, so I'm especially drawn to tales like these. I didn't like the Hagar and Sarah ones as much because they were child-centric, and I'm not a fan of that.

Rebekah's story would be much easier to spin and cut off before she had kids.
I like the idea of her helping him, but I'd prefer to make it much more feminist and powerful. It would be easy to give it a fantasy or science fiction twist. Just thinking about Rebekah's meeting with Isaac makes me imagine a technology based world similar to Tron.



I'd love to shift their story into an injured traveler and a mysterious fighter who heals him instead of a simple meet up by the well.

I also thought Jephthah's Daughter's story was interesting. I remember being so heartbroken as a kid knowing that she had to die. I'd love to write a modern equivalent martyr situation or change the conditions somehow so that she could live, or live on instead.

Seeing as I like the martyr trope, Samson and Delilah's story also intrigues me. It was, surprisingly, one that I heard a lot as a kid, and I always felt bad for Samson. It would be intriguing to rewrite the story to be mostly the same, but to where I am also sympathetic for Delilah.

Whatever I decide to write, it is interesting to see the individual pieces I picked out that I like.

Bibliography: The Bible in the King James Version.

Image Information: "E3 Tron Lightcycle Reproduction" by Pop Culture Geek.

No comments:

Post a Comment